GT6012 is a 3M ™ Acrylic Foam tape made from a gray acrylic foam. Typical applications are the fastening of add-on parts, such as bumper strips, decorative strips, emblems, etc. GT6012 has good adhesion to a large number of automotive surfaces, good internal strength, excellent long-term stability and very good adaptability to the surfaces to be bonded. Due to the unique viscoelastic features of the GT6012, tensions in the adhesive seam are excellently reduced, so that extremely durable connections are created.
Save yourself the annoying drilling and sticking, it's faster and more flexible! The use of primers can be dispensed with in many applications.
- color gray
- very high adaptability
- very high adhesion to almost all powder coatings
- extended design options
- reduced post-processing
- quick and easy connections
- reduction of production costs
- can be used on rough and uneven surfaces
- ideal for powder-coated surfaces
- Cleaning the surface
- Wear suitable gloves. Pay attention to the information in the safety data sheet of the respective cleaner
- Use clean cleaning cloths (lint-free, fragrance-free, plasticizer-free)
- Use suitable cleaning agents (e.g., 3M cleaner for 3M VHB adhesive tapes) depending on the degree of soiling and the surface (no household cleaning agents that moisturize)
- Repeat cleaning until the surface is clean and free of grease